Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Mom Dad Reno Trip Apr 08

Pics are from top to bottom, not that it matters.. Click on a pic for a larger pic, text for a pic is under the pic....

Well Mom wanted to take a trip to Reno... we had this super deal.. Thurs nite was free and Friday was only 40 bucks... Good enough for me! She always wanted to do the Truckee River walk down town... so off we went....


Just a few shots...



Hey, when there's water, you just hafta look at it! GBG


Hamming for the camera!


Lot of kayak's there.. I was watching them try to go up the rapids...





Here's one coming out trying to warm up, I'd guess....



These two were playing on the rapids... the one in the rapids was trying to teach the red boat how to do it...




If you look up at the top level overhang, it looks dirty... Those are bird nests!


Really nice river walk setting....


Water was crystal clear....I didn't test it but I'll bet cold was also an adjective.....

One of KC / Kristi's friends came over to get some garden plants.


So off we went on Sat.. 80 is a mess so coming back 88 was the order of the day... South of Carson City, north of Gardnerville, it was time to get on 88 and we needed a break... well lucky me, I knew a close by bar!!! So Mom drug me off to Genoa, Nv


Here's Mom dragging me into a bar! The oldest bar in Nev....


On up... and up Carson Pass, here's a marker, it should be readable...



Real nice!


And the weather was nice.... little cool but not what it looked like....

Mom reading the historic marker.... Took about 1/2 hour longer but IMHO, well worth the time, a real nice road and the best of the non traveled passes... Dad

No comments: